Art Alexion on 15 Feb 2009 04:12:40 -0800

[PLUG] A small Linux victory in the workplace

We are a 99% Windows shop.  However, we have begun investing in
nettops as loaners for travelling employees.

We have Eees with Xandros, Ubuntu, and XP, and a Dell Mini 9 with Ubuntu.

Xandros had to go because it does not provide for multiple users, and
the default user has administrative privileges.  So now we have Ubuntu
and XP.

Most of our borrowers are not technical. On Friday, our General
Counsel, a frequent borrower asked us to reserve "one of the ones that
isn't Windows".

A major victory, and evidence supporting my theory that non-technical
users more readily adapt to Linux than "power users".  The best part,
though, is the evidence that the *prefer* Linux.

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
artAlexion