Art Alexion on 17 Feb 2009 05:07:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Public Service Announcement (Really)

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 07:42:46 James Barrett wrote:
> There are many pathways out of poverty, but don't think that everyone
> can afford them just because you can.  Wireless Philadelphia might
> seem like a novelty to you, but it is the only way for some people to
> get online with their old freebie computers and "waist of time"
> 802.11b wireless adapters.

I recently installed Ubuntu on an old PIII that we were otherwise throwing
away for one of the guys that works for our cleaning service.  A week later,
I asked how he was doing with it.  The response was that he was waiting to
scrape together the money for Internet service before he set it up.  He hoped
he remembered what we showed him about using it when that time came.