Joe Terranova on 18 Feb 2009 14:23:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

> So, in bridged mode, the only thing in the way is the 8995 Switch, which has
> a 1K unicast table, which is really plenty given it will only ever have the
> MACs for the home boxes and the upstream router in it.

If that's the case, then good for you. Let me know if that works well,
and how much traffic you're pushing through the connection.

Like I said, I don't know if the method he used to bridge the router
is the same as yours. I just confirmed with him that he bridged it, he
believed he did it the same way, and it still was bottlenecked by the
actiontek. So if your method works, let me know, as it may save me
from running my own ethernet through the wall and bribing a Verizon
tech when I move this year.

Joe Terranova