Gordon Dexter on 18 Feb 2009 18:48:21 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

It seems to me like you just want to plug your router directly into the MoCA network, instead of setting up the Actiontec router to do bridging.  In that case, I think you just need to get a MoCA to Ethernet adapter:

http://www.fiosfaq.com/content.php?contentid=323

Their link to the MoCA alliance website is broken, here is the fixed version:
http://www.mocalliance.org/en/industry/certified_products.asp

--Gordon

Eric Hidle wrote:
Nope. This is the only ONT they are rolling out. The last tech support person I spoke with said their new policy is to not allow ANY customer equipment to be the edge device on residential services. I don't know if that's true, but it would not surprise me. You know how it goes. If you talk to 10 different people, you get 20 different answers.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:52 PM, zuzu <sean.zuzu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Eric Hidle <eric.hidle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Different..
>
> http://lh4.ggpht.com/_RX2uz5fR3dA/SZypEoKplnI/AAAAAAAAINI/Nt3k3G6OCPQ/s512/P1010216.JPG
>
> I have spoken with 4 different techs on the phone and each of them has said
> this ONT cannot have both ports active at the same time, regardless of the
> services being provided.

Will they replace the ONT with a different one that can, if they know
that the alternative is that you're going to drop FiOS for Comcast?

> I know, there is always someone that knows how to do precisely what I want
> to do, but the trick is to pray they get your call... heh...

True.