Art Alexion on 6 Mar 2009 04:28:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] word docs with open office and web sites (slightly OT)

I always felt that people who send stuff docx, and don't know how to
convert them to doc when requested shouldn't get a call either, but
HOUR doesn't understand that incopetence any better than the
applicant.

I wouldn't say that if every job posting didn't include competence in
MS Office as a job requirement.

On 3/5/09, Stephen Carl <stephengcarl@verizon.net> wrote:
> I've used it to convert a Microsoft Works file to MS Word for our HR
> department. It worked great. Of course, anyone who sends a resume in MS
> Works shouldn't expect a call anyway! ;)
>
> Steve
>
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 16:33 -0500, Randall A Sindlinger wrote:
>> Hmm... You might want to try www.zamzar.com.  I've never used it myself,
>> only heard
>> of it.  Looks interesting, and it's free to try (if you don't mind the
>>
>> They say they support converting .odt to .doc
>>
>> -Randall
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:22:50PM -0800, Edmond Rodriguez wrote:
>> > Yet another recruiting web site will not take Open Office docs formatted
>> > as word docs.
>> >

>> > Please correct the following errors:

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface