jeff on 13 Apr 2009 19:38:55 -0700

[PLUG] Jaunty on Mini-9 and others

FWIW, after playing with a Dell, EEE 1000, and several smaller units, I
highly recommend the 1000 with eeebuntu.  Haven't seen jaunty.

The main reason is screen size.  I don't think the 1000's 10" screen is
near big enough, no less the multitude of smaller units.  I can't stand
the Dell keyboard because of weird key sizes but the 1000 seems to work
better for me.

I'm not really a big fan of netbooks to begin with but I prefer the
largest one I can find for El Bizarro Resolution.  They have tons of
uses but it's a personal thing with me.

Another opinion comes from my wife, who is used to a full size laptop
with a REAL (square) display.  She doesn't care for the minis either but
agrees that the EEE is more palatable than the smaller ones.

Of course she's the same person who will hijack my Treo for hours,
playing blackjack and whatever else.