Art Alexion on 14 Apr 2009 08:09:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Jaunty on Mini-9

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 09:06:59 am Alex Launi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> The advantage of using the eee version is the custom kernel.
>

> But as of Jaunty you no longer need the custom kernel.

That's good.

> The problem with
> easy peasy and eeebuntu is they take up so much disk space with stuff that
> makes no sense on a netbook. This is why I say do a CLI only install and
> just install X, your DE, and all the other goodies. My eee901 runs better
> than it ever did with xandros, eeebuntu, or easy peasy.

What would you consider superfluous in the standard ubuntu-eee install?  There
is stuff that I would never use, but that I suspect others would.  It does not
install a mail client, which I expect should be installed by default.  Curious
what you would eliminate (have eliminated)?