Alex Launi on 14 Apr 2009 09:03:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Jaunty on Mini-9

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
What would you consider superfluous in the standard ubuntu-eee install?  There
is stuff that I would never use, but that I suspect others would.  It does not
install a mail client, which I expect should be installed by default.  Curious
what you would eliminate (have eliminated)?

The eeebuntu standard install has thunderbird, the full open office suite, banshee, vlc- it's all the stuff you'd want on a notebook. Why would you need a music library manager on a device that only holds a few gigs of data? A last.fm client would make more sense. I've basically stripped mine down to just a few things, I've got a stripped down GNOME running as my desktop env, GNOME Do (a serious must have on a netbook), firefox, pidgin, a last.fm client (forget the name), and a couple of games.

--
-- Alex Launi