Michael Bevilacqua on 28 Aug 2009 08:56:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to avoid spam blacklists?...

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Fred Stluka <fred@bristle.com> wrote:
If it makes any difference, Amazon DOES provide me with a stable IP.
Not officially a static IP, but I can reserve it as long as I like
(years, decades, more), even if I terminate and launch various server
instances.  The same IP is reserved for me, and I can instantly
(within seconds) switch it from one Amazon virtual server to another.

That makes all the difference. Sorry that I misunderstood. I was thinking something along the lines of you getting an IP from a public pool, where that IP could already be listed on a BL for one of the many reasons I mentioned. But this isn't the case as you have explained :)

Thanks!

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us