Michael Leone on 9 Oct 2009 09:51:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] web access email adds html code in message

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Speaking of bad poetry, not only did your message come through as HTML, but
>>> the first letter of each line being capitalized, even mid-sentence, I
>>
>> Quite honestly, I stopped worrying over whether email was in plain
>> text or HTML a while ago. Yes, I still post (and prefer) plain text,
>> but if someone posts HTML, then fine, whatever. It's not really worth
>> making a fuss, or spending too much time worrying about.
>

> I remember a time (2000? 2001?) when people on this list were
> requesting a filter that blocked HTML mail at the server.  More
> "fundamentalists" in those days.

As I said to Ron in a private email, if the worst thing you have to
worry about in your day is whether or not you're sending HTML email,
you are in very much better shape than most of the world ...

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>