Lee Marzke on 31 Oct 2009 20:09:57 -0700

[PLUG] Partition image/restore on Encrypted LVM vg

I'd like to try upgrading my Ubuntu to the new 9.10 release but I need a way
to revert.   Normally I'd copy the partition with 'dd' or other tools,
but in this
case I've got  ( root, swap, home)  in an encrypted vg0

I could create the image in runlevel 1 ,  but how would I be able to
restore it
if needed ?        I think Knoppix will load an encrypted partition, but
only if it contains
a single volume, not an LVM volume group.

Lee