Andrew Ganim on 22 Dec 2009 11:47:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recovering data from dead laptop hard drive

>Yeah. :(  It sure would be nice if Linux would at least create a

>device when I plug it in, though...

Not sure it'll help, but you may want to make sure the USB port you're using delivers adequate power (or just try it on another box).  I've had mixed luck using a 2.5" drive enclosure I have.  There's one machine I connect it to where it _seems_ to power up (light comes on, drive spins, but it doesn't sound quite right) but the machine doesn't recognize it.  When plugged into all my other machines it sounds much better and works fine.

-Andrew