Lee Marzke on 12 Feb 2011 08:12:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] (Free) Graphical Diff Tools

How about lighting talks with demo's of free Graphical Diff tools.

The best diff/merge tool on Linux that I know of is P4Merge.

It's not widely known, but Perforce licenses the server,  not the client.
You can download [1] the P4V client ( available for Linux, Windows, Mac )
and then use the Diff or 3-way merge on any platform without a license.

Here's a page [2] about using P4Merge with Git.

[1] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/downloads/index.html
[2] http://www.andymcintosh.com/?p=33

Lee