Art Alexion on 13 Jun 2011 10:17:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Security Cameras

On Jun 10, 2011, at 8:02 AM, Eric at Lucii.org wrote:

> Jeff's C4 suggestion makes my thoughts of a shotgun solution appear pale by
> comparison!
>
> I think Matt's suggestion of a bark-activated ultrasonic device is the best idea
> yet and I hope it works to solve the problem.
>
> Does it run Linux? (Heh)

I have a problem with squirrels eating my tomatoes.   C-4 would defeat the purpose of saving the tomatoes.  Firing a shotgun in your yard is frowned upon in Abington Township.  So, I bought a blow gun online and a bunch of darts.  My plan is to hang the tails of the squirrels that I get with the first couple of rounds on the stakes that hold up the tomato plants as a warning to their compatriots.  The tails may discourage their allies, the birds, as well.

Now to explain why this is all on topic for this Linus/FOSS list: I have just shared this information freely and openly, and can provide more "source" information on the blow gun to those interested in poking around and offering patches and improvements.  Maybe I can formally license it through Creative Commons?