Art Alexion on 23 Feb 2012 06:09:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] NTP rant

On Feb 22, 2012, at 2:38 PM, Walt Mankowski wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's wrong with existing Stratum 2
servers out there?

Also, I never really understood in the previous thread on this topic
why your boss felt you needed an entire dedicated box (even a tiny
one) just to provide NTP.

We didn't want all of the computers in the domain hitting outside servers all of the time.  We can't use virtualized servers for this purpose because they get their time from the ESXi host.