Robert Spangler on 8 Apr 2012 09:19:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] sshd on sabayon

On Sunday 08 April 2012 11:54, the following was written:

>  You hit the nail on the head.  The problem was the pesky firewall.  I
>  didn't install it, it came on there by default.  I removed it and rebooted
>  the computer and ssh worked fine.  I'm copying my tarball backup over
> right now.  It's nice to know that saybayon comes locked down, but I need
> to be able to ssh to make backups.  I typically use sshfs to mount my
> laptop filesystem on my desktop when I want to make/restore a backup.

I would suggest you learn how to manipulate the firewall it comes with or
install a firewall you know how to manipulate.  I would not go so far as to
say Saybayon is locked-down.  It is setup to allow only established
connection back in which is what most default firewall installation do.  You
should have been able to ssh from the saybayon box to the box that had the
tar file, provided you were allowed to make a connection to said box.

--

Regards
Robert

Linux