Rich Freeman on 24 May 2012 08:02:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] toy story2 nearly lost with rm*

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Doug Stewart <zamoose@gmail.com> wrote:

> *NIX systems have always treated their users as (mostly) competent
> adults. If you want to really hose your system, there's nothing
> stopping you (given proper credentials, that is).
>
> Down the other path lies the iOS walled garden, which has its place in
> devices of a certain type, but I'll take the Big Boy Pants for my main
> machines, thankyouverymuch.

I'm not suggesting that the OS make it impossible to delete a file
unrecoverably, only that this not be the default behavior.  What
benefit does this behavior have?

I've got no issues with requiring binaries to be signed to run either,
as long as I'm the only one with the root signing keys.

Rich