Doug Stewart on 24 May 2012 08:11:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] toy story2 nearly lost with rm*

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Rich Freeman
<r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> I'm not suggesting that the OS make it impossible to delete a file
> unrecoverably, only that this not be the default behavior.  What
> benefit does this behavior have?

Space and performance, both of which are diminishing concerns at this
point, I'll grant you.

The `-i` behavior is just such an affordance -- an attempt to change
the default behavior to an AYS one, at least.

--
-Doug