Walt Mankowski on 7 Jul 2012 19:31:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

This is a benefit of the design of iOS, where there's only ever one
app in the foreground and it takes up the entire screen.  If an app
does a good job of saving its state when it's suspended and restoring
it when it becomes active, it gives the illusion of multitasking even
if it was completely removed from memory.  I'm sure that 99% of iOS
users have no idea this is going on and just let the system handle
it.  In practice it works really well.

Walt