Paul Walker on 14 Sep 2016 07:49:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] FOSS Alternative to ITunes

Yeah, I can and do just use the file browser to play music. I guess the features that I use Itunes for are pretty limited - browse by artist, browse by album (even this doesn't really work well on itunes), see the album art and song names, player controls, build playlists.

I also use itunes to browse my phone but this is a separate concern - I'll probably continue to use it for this. I just make sure that my outbound firewall doesn't let itunes send my selfies to apple or whatever.