Rich Freeman on 17 Sep 2016 15:45:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting (was: Replacement mailing list idea)

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:23:58 -0400
> Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Steve Litt
>> <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I use a gmail address for a couple of my mailing list subscriptions,
>> > and I'm perfectly able to bottom post, via my Claws-Mail email
>> > client.
>>
>> Sure, I was referring to using GMail as an MUA, not an MTA.  Obviously
>> if it is just the MTA it shouldn't be messing with the content of the
>> email or things like the References header.  I imagine that MS
>> Exchange would probably work just as well in that regard.
>
> So use a real MUA, not one provided by Google.

Alas, I've yet to find a decent one that works in a browser.
Roundcube and Squirrelmail are the best I've found, and their keyboard
shortcuts are terrible.

If the references bother you that much, just write a better
alternative and I might adopt it.  It would be nice to go back to
gpg-signing emails...

--
Rich