Steve Litt on 17 Sep 2016 17:13:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting (was: Replacement mailing list idea)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 18:45:51 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Steve Litt
> <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:23:58 -0400
> > Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> >> Sure, I was referring to using GMail as an MUA, not an MTA.
> >> Obviously if it is just the MTA it shouldn't be messing with the
> >> content of the email or things like the References header.  I
> >> imagine that MS Exchange would probably work just as well in that
> >> regard.
> >
> > So use a real MUA, not one provided by Google.
> >

> Alas, I've yet to find a decent one that works in a browser.
> Roundcube and Squirrelmail are the best I've found, and their keyboard
> shortcuts are terrible.

So don't use webmail. Use a real MUA. OF COUSE webmail's cumbersome and
has inconvenient hotkeys. That's what webmail is.

Seriously, install Claws-Mail, or Thunderbird, or Mutt, or whatever,
and life will be easier.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28