Christopher Barry on 19 Sep 2016 09:30:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting (was: Replacement mailing list idea)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:13:02 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 18:45:51 -0400
>Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Steve Litt
>> <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

>> > So use a real MUA, not one provided by Google.
>> >

>> Alas, I've yet to find a decent one that works in a browser.
>> Roundcube and Squirrelmail are the best I've found, and their
>> keyboard shortcuts are terrible.
>
>So don't use webmail. Use a real MUA. OF COUSE webmail's cumbersome and
>has inconvenient hotkeys. That's what webmail is.
>
>Seriously, install Claws-Mail, or Thunderbird, or Mutt, or whatever,
>and life will be easier.
>
>SteveT

I'm on the xorg lists, and Keith Packard just released 1.19 rc1 via the
announce list. In that email was a header with a link to a tag-based
email system that seemed kind of germane to this discussion. He's
using it from within emacs I believe, but it can be used in multiple
other ways as well. While I have not read it all, it looks
pretty interesting.

https://notmuchmail.org/

--
Regards,