Steve Litt on 18 Sep 2016 11:15:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting (was: Replacement mailing list idea)

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 03:46:24 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> You're the first to suggest that you find my posts on the lists
> confusing.  :)  I've written quite a few of them over the years...

Correct. I didn't suggest that, and in fact made note of the fact that
you were interleave posting (which is the least ambiguous method of
all). What I was saying is *top posts* confuse threads. Usually top
posts are confusing unless all pronouns are replaced by explicit
descriptions. But *always* follow-ons to top posts are confusing.

Since you mostly bottom and interleave post, and you trim quoted
context correctly, your emails aren't confusing.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28