Steve Litt on 18 Sep 2016 11:23:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 11:24:26 -0400
Malcolm J Harwood <mjhlists-plug-20080906@liminalflux.net> wrote:

> One downside is that thunderbird uses mbox (which is better than
> current kmail sticking everything in a database, but what's so hard
> about Maildir?), so if you have a lot of mail in the one folder with
> Views, then it's going to become a really large file.

One possible Thunderbird alternative to mbox is IMAP. I use Thunderbird
as my "plan-b" email client. I use it to view my IMAP folders on my
Daily Driver Desktop's Dovecot IMAP server, which holds all my email
past and present. A firewall pinhole enables me to ssh connect to my
Dovecot when out of the office.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28