ac on 19 Oct 2016 14:37:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] WAS: spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD Now: Email support

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:04:02 -0400
Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
> It says a lot to me, that you can get on spam blacklists without ever
> sending spam, which was a surprise.  I certainly wouldn't want to
> subscribe to a list that's doing that, so I'll be more aware of the
> issue going forward.
>
> Given that I can't mail you while my few dozen users haven't run into
> that problem with anyone else out of our lengthy client list in over
> a year, it seemed to me that your system was set at the
> "hyper-paranoid" end of the sensitivity range and I thought you'd
> like to know.  If you do know and are content for it to be that way,
> so be it.

 I have actually now spent the time to check your ip on our hostacc
box, I can actually see no reason why your email would be returned.

On that box we only use SpamCop.net & Ascams.com and you are listed at
neither...

As I said, it is a spammy thing to do, to re-write a bounce

I looked in my exim logs...

host lookup failed (23.91.125.37 does not match any IP address for
grainc.arvixevps.com)

So, the bounce was NOT "admin prohibition but "550 23.91.125.37 does
not match any IP address for grainc.arvixevps.com"

I see that your reverse zone is now delegated - you did that after the
bounce?

You should not re-write bounces... still... Not Cool !

Then, your silence and your claim of my "paranoid" mail server, while
you full well know what the problem was, beyond not cool.

As you quickly (and silently) fixed your reverse zone delegation...
host 23.91.125.37
37.125.91.23.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer grainc.arvixevps.com

Also, to be clear - no "hyper paranoid" and you, knowing that you fixed
your reverse delegation and still posting this to a Linux list? Dude, I
am not a little kid and I am many things but stupid is not one of them.

And, I do not think there are that many stupid people on this list
either.

Andre