Ronald P Guilmet on 22 Apr 2017 20:01:04 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] I THINK MY PC ISSUES MAY BE SOMETHING OTHER THAN DISTRO RELATED
- From: Ronald P Guilmet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] I THINK MY PC ISSUES MAY BE SOMETHING OTHER THAN DISTRO RELATED
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:00:57 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=veqN0Ea5aYlDYRlbRI/xcMiprpnaB1MaKtcKhO5ZJY4=; b=i19h6LwwWvV7SKZEWdW2Y2P+Yv/mqW2pBWc4VQhf3jv6P7sdwEAgEgLITL9KopB8jJ fhHRqtWUZnPr8PMYTFCDoIWBVRV4eKmIZvVtZO/v2dcWYCqBj9O24Zaq4N2BJKzG27sB cL47hUXDDdhB8LCap5c41Wo5KJD3iQNVuUQnioyYHNu5Pzm+BBOORTOxR1S1AlmF5ENT oHmLEPLpv4Q3XD2GdH4hBRDCiECyNkFPEcfk/PkLosXqbHaViRCBYJZjXSzhG/yMXSQU /QNiKo4UGdnjGnrChF/e9He7Ra5J65JqL0DgBGKK7tMNEhpobzH8onNIa4vYJFkK29zY mc0g==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I have a Dell Inspiron N7010. From google, it appears that this laptop is ten years old. I replaced the HDD a few years ago. I've tried Ubuntu LTS and 16.10 with LXE Gnome Mate XFCE, I've also tried Fedora 25. Within a week if that, sometimes days, I will lose video, and I cannot recover it. Other times the whole screen just locks. I have mouse, but everything is unresponsive. Other times programs like gedit just crash, or I try to open the file manager, and it never opens but registers as unresposive when you try to log out. I've walked away to give some time to see if the issues resovles itself, and it doesn't. I have to hard restart every time. Frustration is an understatement.
Here is what I do on the laptop. I play with python, nodejs, etc stuff. What I don't need. I don't need music, video editing, or the like. I'm not sure how to play this out. If I had money, I'd run out, and by a new laptop. That's not an option at the moment. Any ideas?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug