Eric Lucas on 20 Dec 2017 04:29:19 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New Comcast wireless modem with old Buffalo wireless router

I'm not sure about "NATed in the opposite direction"
The Actiontec was just another client on the LAN.
The TV box could access the Verizon resources it
needed via it's cable connection through the Actiontec.
There were no connections to the Actiontec LAN ports.

Eric

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Eric Lucas <eric@lucii.org> wrote:

> My solution was to connect the Actiontec WAN input to the LAN
> (wireless turned off, as always) and configured to get an IP via DHCP.
> Since the cable connection was still attached, the cable box could
> network to Verizon's servers and the guide information re-appeared.

Clever - basically just running the router in reverse.  Did you
basically have it NATed in the opposite direction?

--
Rich