Fred Stluka on 19 Oct 2018 11:05:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Thunderbird questions

Alan,

Have you other suggestions as to how I can convince you that
'Options' isn't there?
No need to convince me.  I believe it's not there.  That's why I
suggest you look into why it is not there and how to find it.
There are tons of options in TBird, many of which will be
useful to you.  I'm just saying that you're asking the wrong
question.  Don't ask "what causes the double-spacing?".  Most
people won't know, unless like me they once had the same
problem.  Instead, ask "how do I get to the Options page in
Thunderbird on Linux", which any Linux TBird user should be
able to tell you.

In fact, that answer is probably already posted in a FAQ or
TBird support page somewhere.  Hmmm...  Let's take a quick
look:
- https://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+I+get+to+the+Options+page+in+Thunderbird+on+Linux

Yeah, the first hit looks promising:
- WHERE IS OPTIONS IN THUNDERBIRD 45.6.0 - Mozilla Support
    https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1153347

I accept your suggestion.  I had hoped that _someone_ on Plug was
running TB on Linux, but that seems not to be the case.
Yeah, I 'd have thought so too, but I guess not.  There have been
past discussions here of various email clients.  Check the PLUG
archives.

I don't understand why you are on Plug, when you don't use Linux!

I've used Unix and now Linux for over 30 years.  But stopped
using it on my client machines when an employer forced me to
Windows for a while.  Later, when Mac adopted standard Intel
hardware and standard Unix OS (OS X is really BSD Unix), I started
using Mac as a hardware platform on which to run Unix and
FOSS.  I don't run much Apple software.

I've continued to run all of my servers as Unix and now Linux.
But I connect to them only via SSH, SMTP, MySQL, etc.  I don't
run an X-Windows GUI any more.  Not since 1991 or so.  And
don't run much end-user client software on Linux.  Maybe
someday, but for now Mac is good enough for my client needs,
and Linux for my servers.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- Bristle Software, Inc. -- http://bristle.com
#DontBeATrump -- Make America Honorable Again!
Register online to Vote: http://bristle.com/Vote