Walt Mankowski on 6 Feb 2019 12:10:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] We need speakers for [topics]

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 02:57:12PM -0500, jeff wrote:
> Have we talked about live streaming? Post-live streaming?

Bandwidth seems like it might be an issue for streaming at
Central. Aside from that it's really a matter of people volunteering
to do it. We've already got most of the talks over the past few years
up on Youtube.

> In addition to basics, how about favorite commands, with examples?
> I'm kinda partial to sudo !!

Could you really talk for an entire hour about sudo?

> Linux as a viable and interesting OS, coming from lesser OSes.
> Let's face it -if you can run the Redmond Menace, you can run linux, and not
> have to play with the CLI. Put up several interfaces, including one that
> looks like the Redmond Menace. Invite someone to operate it without having
> touched it before.

How about if we start talking about companies like Microsoft like
grownups and not repeating stereotypes from the mid-90s? Your
oh-so-clever rant was closer to the truth than you think -- Microsoft
officially supports a compatibility layer to natively run Linux
binaries on Windows 10. It's pretty cool.

> Talk about how wonderful your social life will be, what with all the linux
> geeks and geekettes you'll meet. Put up pictures of attractive people and
> claim they're linux users.

Hard pass.