Keith C. Perry on 6 Feb 2019 12:15:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] We need speakers for [topics]

Jeff, we've done that maybe a handful of times- Hangouts (HoA) and I think YouTube (Charlie is the man to talk to talk to about that).

It's mostly a resource thing (someone to do it, equipment, bandwidth, power, etc) but we don't get that many people asking for a live stream.  Doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be done.  If the demand is there anyone who wants to do it can (unless the presenter says no).

I will say that Central is going to be difficult because all the facilities are up front by the presenter.  For streaming you have to be plugged into since wifi is restricted.  You'll need a 100ft ethernet cable...  :D

What is "Post-live streaming?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "jeff" <jeffv@op.net>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:57:12 PM
Subject: [PLUG] We need speakers for [topics]

Have we talked about live streaming? Post-live streaming?

In addition to basics, how about favorite commands, with examples?
I'm kinda partial to sudo !!

Linux as a viable and interesting OS, coming from lesser OSes.
Let's face it -if you can run the Redmond Menace, you can run linux, and
not have to play with the CLI. Put up several interfaces, including one
that looks like the Redmond Menace. Invite someone to operate it without
having touched it before.

Talk about how wonderful your social life will be, what with all the
linux geeks and geekettes you'll meet. Put up pictures of attractive
people and claim they're linux users.

The internet, as well as bunches of devices, runs on linux.