Michael Lazin via plug on 24 Jul 2020 07:13:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Puzzling openssh problem

I was curious about 127.0.1.1 and so I looked it up and that address exists as localhost on debian systems only.  See https://serverfault.com/questions/363095/why-does-my-hostname-appear-with-the-address-127-0-1-1-rather-than-127-0-0-1-in

I have two possible suggestions which may get you moving in the right direction.  One is try this again and then look at your syslog.  The other is to set the flag for verbose ssh.  I am on my phone right now so I am working from memory but I believe you want ssh -vv but you might want to check the man page because it has been a long time since I have used verbose ssh to troubleshoot an issue and I am going from memory.  I hope that this helps.   Thanks,