Rich Freeman via plug on 19 Dec 2020 11:25:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: SolarWinds

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 12:51 PM Rich Kulawiec via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> None of this surprises me.  What surprises me -- although mildly at this
> point -- is that people keep doing these things despite their unbroken
> record of failure.

LOL, what does this even mean, an "unbroken record of failure?"  Are
you suggesting that every commit ever written to every large
application contains a new security-critical bug?

Or are you suggesting that occasionally bugs are found in complex software?

With vague statements like that you could argue that the entire
history of humanity from writing on cave walls to landing on the moon
is an "unbroken record of failure," as we fail from one accomplishment
to the next...  :)

--
Rich