Rich Freeman via plug on 24 Jan 2021 15:22:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Change in Reply-To field of PLUG list on 7/14/2019...

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM Walt Mankowski via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Actually I just discovered that Fastmail DOES handle mailing lists properly. If you're reading a message from a properly configured mailing list (like PLUG's) then there's a "Reply to list" button that sends the email to the list instead of the author! I'm using it to compose this email.

In general I've found that expecting everybody else to "do the right
thing" isn't really a great solution.  Plus the "right thing" isn't
always easy to define, especially when you have cross-posting, people
CC'ed who aren't on the list, and so on.  The email client has no way
to know which email addresses resolve to the same people.

I generally use procmail to solve this issue.  It is pretty easy to
configure it to discard duplicate emails based on message ID.

--
Rich