JP Vossen via plug on 18 Oct 2022 18:01:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox 105 is unusable for me

On 10/16/22 21:02, Walt Mankowski via plug wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 04:19:52PM -0400, JP Vossen via plug wrote:

My vote is that there was some buggy javascript in one of your tabs
that was acting up, but has seen been fixed. But who knows?

Beats me.

I'm glad to hear it's back to normal!

Normal-ish.  My CPU fan now runs more than it ever did, the the system is at least usable.  Ish.

Not for me.  First, I almost never reboot Linux.  Yes, yes, kernel
and (sigh) dbus updates...  I get those every year or two.
Whatever.

Only every year or two? On Ubuntu there's a new kernel roughly every 2
weeks. Even if you argue that it's being overly aggressive, there are
surely serious security bugs in the kernel more often than every year
or two.

I am talking about single-user workstations in my house, behind a pretty paranoid firewall and a pi-hole, with no incoming access from the outside, for users who all have `sudo` access anyway.  I know what I'm doing, and I keep up on the vulnerability lists and handle things if I need to.  I wouldn't recommend this for the "average" user (whatever that means :-), but for me and my use case...

I just ran `uptime` over 12 nodes and it ranges from 4 to 181 days.  :-)  Huh, that output would be fun to push through `datamash`.

Does Mint do live patching?

Not that I know of.  I also have Debian, Raspbian and Ubuntu (MythTV) in the mix.

Later,
JP