Rich Mingin (PLUG) via plug on 26 Jan 2023 13:03:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Possibly Off-Topic but looking for a "server"

It's plain old Klipper, which is fully FOSS, so it's not hard to swap
to something else. I've been using miniPCs as a make do, but strapping
a 500$ miniPC to a 500$ printer to manage/monitor/run it is a little
ridiculous.

There's no hard dependency on the RPi specifically, I could drop any
other SBC in there that I'd like, but it needs to run Linux well
(preferably mainline), and it needs to have rock-solid ethernet or
wifi plus bulletproof USB. Not many parties check all of those boxes.

Also, while I see the Bambu appeal for someone looking to buy
something partially assembled that they can slap together and start
printing, Voron is the far more FOSS option. There are no official
suppliers. All specs, plans, and docs are 100% FOSS-open. It's a free
as in speech 3d printer. The few standard parts that are purchased
pre-built/pre-made, are replaceable, and the community has moved from
parts that start becoming more closed to more open options multiple
times. You should visit sometime. It's nice.