Dean Holdren on 5 Jun 2007 15:31:09 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Hello; tips to avoid "newbie drownings in the Rails pool"...

  • From: "Dean Holdren" <deanholdren@gmail.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Hello; tips to avoid "newbie drownings in the Rails pool"...
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:30:55 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=ZoqbWg2zpnlJTQZlHvoFwebzmcQPWAhA13s6+QAmYT7nLLVoTzxD5W4tDv4m2HTGEf9p8NVZdNolSR/rHl4MNc4KPp2LSWNU4krT1ck+k/PUYPRYnLl9RCA8+3WmGPWIOIbucNuF/V6migeqMy9kPoJQVXRn6X6ewI0epVKXVCA=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

I've just got a new mac, and I'm trying to determine the best way to
get Rails up and running as well, previously I followed hivelogic
article, thanks for pointing out the new one.

I also found this link: http://maconrails.com, which looks very
similar to the new hivelogic article, but points to a different
subversion package.

anyone tried out Locomotive? I'm not clear on how it works, but it
looks like you'd still need to modify your .bash_profile to use the
Locomotive installed ruby and gem commands on the command line