Chris Bernard on 19 Nov 2007 19:32:16 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Nov/Dec meeting

  • From: "Chris Bernard" <cebernard@gmail.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Nov/Dec meeting
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:32:05 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=qjMkddldTTNrDnsCMJ7TxgdLHXkbht47Ya8lpu5YT6w=; b=enOQzov7wrhfInDGzK8aBNg4I0g0hGq+k4rhx9Kb2FV0kNrtT1qJBBAjUkiWn79Hfx8y5NeaP4wv1nXS/NvenpjWPubk9XLOc8NQnWNTOhqVhCL8c3arYsECajquQp58kiB+qSwC7YzHw/1S2hGMiz2iodseSefxPGQshgZDBu8=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Dave,

My team has been doing remote agile for about a year; I'm always interested refining our game.  Here are some of my questions:

1.  What are some good ways to manage the ongoing mapping between the original big "Release Stories" and small the "Iteration Stories" that actually get worked?

2.  What estimation strategies have worked best with you?  How many times do you 'refine' a Story estimate?

3.  Do you use the Story/Task metaphor?  We do, and it seems to work, but I notice a lot of teams don't use Tasks (written in tech speak, estimated by the developer who owns the parent Story).  I'm curious about some of the trade-offs, and of course would be willing to try dropping Tasks if I saw enough potential benefit.

4.  What agile project management apps can you recommend for a remote team?

Cheers,
Chris