[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PhillyOnRails] Hey, list... Wake up!
- From: Flinn Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Hey, list... Wake up!
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 00:33:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:in-reply-to:content-type:mime-version:subject:date:references:x-mailer; bh=VP15dPc5Jz0bowkQxwS5qzHy5zbiBRo214NJPfAF+Bw=; b=vD+FQWEfgaJOxQl49DrVp7yKiLgX/VcxlDluFWMLe4CQWW2Z3MhoOJthsxUwC/lNDq9l2j341IaoR4MWD+s+bwlfqJhmL+SFfGKPMZUdfo7yDXc5davavCWZ/a/9t49g40yqLMlbc/IfWP68C6NSSS86VJOLYBSP60KgaPiDsbY=
- List-archive: <http://lists.phillyonrails.org/pipermail/talk>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
On Jan 6, 2008, at 7:59 PM, Toby DiPasquale wrote:
Here's an interesting fact I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else:
Zed's the #1 most popular person on Working with Rails (above DHH,
even) and can't make any money at it, yet the 50 people under him are
all doing just fine. How could his problems not be due to his problems
with working with people?
Toby if he can't work with people why is he #1 on WWR ;-)
Seriously though I felt like that rant had little to do with the Rails community. I could say the same thing, I spent a lot of time and money trying to put together an SaaS based on Rails and it failed. I'm not going to blame Rails for not being able to do the job (CDBaby) or the community for its lack of martial arts skills inability to provide me with cash laden contracts (Zed). To quote Michael Jackson, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror!" People should consider doing that before they cast stones.
To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit: