gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:57:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Plugins and Mozilla

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 06:08:48PM -0500, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> Well, Gabriel:
>
> I tried other internet sites, and it looks like you're right.
>
> The site that didn't work....had MS logos on it, so I suppose I need to
> use IE with it!!

To be fair, MS isn't the only party at fault here.

The way I see it, Sun should be shot because they've refused to
create a framework for (useful!) modifications to how JVMs should
be, Netscape should be shot because they were the first to spit out
their own version and suggest people presume its usage, MS should be
shot because they took that principle to ridiculous extremes, and
Apple should be shot because they're not making things any easier.

Too much shooting. Better just to remember that I have yet to see
Java employed in *any* truly useful application (please, let's not
get in a fight over this, folks), and laugh at the silly language.
And then get sad, because if Sun had done Java right to begin with,
it would be so much better...

::sigh::

Vaguely relatedly, see <http://www.jwz.org/doc/java.html>.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net