Mental on Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:25:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SuSE Sound Question

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 03:50:07PM -0400, Michael Whitman wrote:
> I hear the KDE start up and shutdown midi
> But no sounds from apps like the cd player, Instant messanger etc.
> This is true also when i am logged into KDE as root.
> If it was a matter of what group my user was a member of logging in as root
> would fix that right?

Correct. The mixer doesnt find anything? Volume isnt being turned down for
some reason? mpg123 mp3name doesnt complain about something? lsmod shows
the right modules loaded?

--
Mental

Height, Hell, Time, Haste, Terror, Tension
Life, Death, Want, Waste, Mass Depression
Old habits reappear
Fighting the fear of fear
Growing conspiracy
Myself is after me