Mental on Sun, 13 May 2001 23:19:34 -0400

Re: SORTED: Re: [PLUG] HELP!! Scanner device not working

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 04:54:19PM -0400, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> my /etc/ld.so.conf file looked like this -
<snip>

> I remmed out the "/usr/lib" line, leaving only the bottom /usr/local/lib
> line.  Then ran ldconfig.  This left sane with the sanelib files in
> /usr/local/lib  which contains the lib files from the source install.
>
> Now xsane works fine!

YOu just broke a lot of stuff.

Delete the old libs, use rpm, or apt-get or whatever. If you dont know
what you're doing, mixing source and rpm packages is going to break
things. Uninstall either the old rpm or the new source binaries. Having
both installed as you've noticed will break stuff.

--
Mental