gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:50:25 +0100

Re: [PLUG] [OT] buy a second-hand car (From Paris To Philly)

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 05:08:31AM -0500, Kuzman Ganchev wrote:
> In most countries, a letter from the foreign insurance company serves as
> evidence (since they were the ones that had to pay), however in the US this is
> not the case, from the experience that my parents have had. I'm not sure if a
> document from a licensing authority is different, but in the case of my parents
> they treated the case as "You have no driving record".

Hrm. Things may be different coming to the US from Bulgaria (as your
folks did) and coming to the US from France.

But maybe not.

::shrug::

As long as we're off topic...

Christophe, you should just come over with a Peugeot or a Citroen.
That'd turn (knowledgeable) heads in Center City...

(Yes, yes, I know just transporting the car is ridiculously
expensive, and then you'd have to get all the glass and the full
exhaust system replaced. ;^>)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net