Kuzman Ganchev on Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:20:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] [OT] buy a second-hand car (From Paris To Philly)

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:53:21AM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> also, your driving record.. is it good? is there any way to get a copy of
> your driving record (in other words something from the license issuing
> authority/police there that might state any record of accidents, tickets,
> driving history or lack thereof? I dont know what sort of ability they
> have to check foreign records, or how they treat foreign drivers, but it
> doesn't hurt to be prepared ...

In most countries, a letter from the foreign insurance company serves as
evidence (since they were the ones that had to pay), however in the US this is
not the case, from the experience that my parents have had. I'm not sure if a
document from a licensing authority is different, but in the case of my parents
they treated the case as "You have no driving record".