kevin mudrick on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:10:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Problems with Apache and FTP

> Could the FTP problem have something to do with the fact that FTP uses two
> ports, one for commands and one for data?  I don't claim to be the most
> knowledgeable person here on this subject, it's just an idea.

Yeah.. with my linux-based firewall (LEAF dachstein-cd), I needed to
open up the high ports (above 1023) in addition to 21 and 20 for ftp to
work.  be sure you specifically close ports you dont want the outside
world being able to access, though - 3306 MySQL, 6000 X, 2049 NFS, 7100
xfs

-kevin

--
 (kevin mudrick)   (kevin@furhurts.com)   (www.bleachedwhale.com)
  pgp key available at http://www.furhurts.com/~darkspur/kevin_gpg.asc

 Despair: It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.