Bill Jonas on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:59:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] multi-user staroffice

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:21:19AM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> How is it with Word doc compatibility.  I need to be able to open a doc
> in either word processor and edit it without screwing it up for the
> other.  Being able to open and read a doc is not enough.  That seemed
> to be SO's strength.

Ah.  I haven't tried that; the Word docs that I've needed to look at
have been the sort that didn't need to be Word docs (nothing special
that required any type of special formatting) and didn't need to be
edited and returned.

> Have you tried it?  Your opinion?

I haven't tried it myself, no.  Sorry.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin