Paul on Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:40:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RCN dial-up

I might be totally missing something, but there is no interaction between PPP and the DNS server. PPP is used to get your data to a terminal, where it is then forwarded across different types of lines. If you can get any data at all, then you can get data sent from a DNS server. Are you sharing your dial up connection between all these computers, or are you dialing into them seperately?

Each computer dials in seperately. We've tried using different POP numbers. As I recall (bad memory) it didn't make much of a difference.