Mike Leone on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:29:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] LBF (Linux Business Forum): Top Arguments FOR and AGAINST using Linux in Business

Paul (paul@dpagin.net) wrote this on 10 18, 02 at 19:10:

> >>Longer history.
> >>

> >Unix, yes. Not Linux. And yes, some people do see them as different.
> >

> Compared to Windows, *yes*, longer history.  What is XP based on?  What

Not really ... NT has been pushed as MS's "business" OS since ... 1994 or
so (NT 3.1). Linux wasn't all that advanced back then, either.

And I can recall using Win3.1 in 1991/92. And yes, that is longer than
Linux. We were doing desktop publishing of the forms we used in the bank I
worked at back then. And so, in the minds of a business person, Windows
does have a longer history of being productive in a business environment
than Linux.

What would you say the first release of a Linux distro with X-Windows that
you could do desktop publishing effectively with was?