gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:06:47 -0500

Re: [PLUG] near total kablooie

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 02:58:05PM -0500, JP Toto wrote:
> You can pry my MS Natural keyboard pro from my cold dead hands! ;-)

Note that all of these things could be totally accurate since, with
a few minor exceptions, Microsoft has nothing to do with actually
making the hardware that they sell; they just OEM it.

(Even the X-Box is only pseudo-MS internal; cf, Wired article a few
months ago. I'll go check the reference if anyone's interested.
Fairly good explanation of short order manufacturing and how it's
changed over the past decade or so.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net