gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:54:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] IBM xSeries experience?

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:14:58AM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> au contraire!  you just have to pick the right install disk.  check
> out the bf2.4 install floppies.  back when i didn't know as much about
> what i was doing, i used to be confused by all the different boot floppy
> sets on debian's site, but now the benefits are obvious.

In point of fact, it's totally irrelevant, since Debian doesn't
offer phone support and we already paid Red Hat for it by way of an
Advanced Server license. The phone support's not so much for *me*
as it is for when I'm not available. And yes, it really is a
business necessity, and yes, this really is why I can't use Debian
at work, with the plausible exception of my workstation, which is
running NetBSD anyhow.

> in case you haven't already fixed things with your newfound root
> shell, it's

Not with the shell, but with the correct driver disk from LSI
Logic's ftp site (see previous email; ping me if I forgot to send it
;^>).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net